Charlottesville area boutique wedding venue. Selected by ILoveInn.com as one of the 12 best B&B Fantasy Wedding Locations. The Lafayette Inn & Restaurant remains a favorite destination for wedding receptions and special events. Host your reception (or rehearsal dinner) in our dining room, the adjacent courtyard or for smaller gatherings in the Tavern. Larger group- reserve the entire restaurant and enjoy all of the space!
Brides often choose our gazebo for the actual ceremony, our courtyard for the larger receptions and our dining room for the smaller service. The Courthouse bells ring at noon and six o’clock in the evening and can be heard at The Lafayette Inn, should you wish to coordinate your ceremony with the chimes.
Beyond the wedding location, The Lafayette can also arrange the food and beverage service, assist in finding the florist, wedding cake designer…even your wedding celebrant should you desire. We can arrange a private wine tour and/or a tour along the adjacent Skyline Drive- taking in the breaktaking views from the Blue Ridge Mountains...providing your guests a destination they will never forget. Enjoy all that our central Virginia area location provides!
Custom Created Weddings
We specialize in smaller intimate weddings (receptions, rehearsal dinners, Champagne Brunches). With over 250 such events delivered, we can lend our experience to make your wedding experience at the Lafayette Inn & Restaurant a smooth and joyful experience. We custom create the vast majory of our weddings but provide you other options (below) to best accmodate your desires- and make your journey as delightful as your destination!
PROFESSIONAL OR "SELF" PLANNED WEDDINGS- Select which works best for YOU.
Full Service Wedding Planner- We ahve partnered with BARB WIRED Wedding & Event Management.
- "Best of Weddings"- The Knot
- "Brides Choice"- Wedding Wire
Want to experience the wedding of your dreams, but skip the nightmares? Retain BARB WIRED Wedding & Event Management to guide you to the through the journey. Two levels of services to select among-
Comprehensive Wedding Planning - Complete service from preperation and planning through your actual wedding weekend.
(Full and complete details provided during initial consult)
Your Personal Planner can assist in...
- The design, implementation and execution of your overall theme and decor.
- Creation of invitations, "Save the Date" and other related prep matters.
- Review vendors and assist you in securing the best value and quality for your budget.
- Plan and manage your agenda for the overall event including attending your rehearsal, wedding and reception to assure every detail is address...and YOU don't have to address them!
$2,500.00 - No surprises, no hidden fees. Everything is addressed in your agreement.
"Down the Isle" Package - Professional services focused on the last
(Full and complete details provided during inital consult)
Your Personal Planner can assist in...
- Confirm all details with your retained vendors
- Coordinate deliveries, set-up's, etc
- Provide detailed check list and confirm details
- Faciliate through your ceremony, reception through your cake cutting.
$1,500.00- No surprises, no hidden fees. Everything is addressed in your agreement.
Below you will find some of our most popular "Wedding Party Planned" weddings, receptions. While we specialize in custom created events- Packages offer a relaxed and budget friendly solution!
PLAN YOUR OWN PACKAGE OPTIONS
(CUSTOM PACKAGES AVAILABLE BOTH WITH PROFESSIONAL OR "PLAN YOUR OWN" PLANNERS).
"Turn Key" Intimate Wedding & Reception
This is our most popular pre-done package (custom created being #1). Often selected to take away the blown budget concerns, or simply selected by brides that want to focus on the event...not the journey! "Turn Key" for up to 14 guests. $1,495.00 (plus applicable tax and gratuity).
- Courtyard Wedding, Chairs and Officiant
- Champagne Toast
- Sit Down Dinner for up to 14.
- Mixed Green Salad with Spiced Pecans, Sliced Apple and Balsamic Dressing
- Guest Entree Selection
Flat Iron Steak, Lemon Chicken, Atlantic Salmon, Shrimp & Grits or Vegetable Ravioli
- Lafayette Bread Pudding or Dessert Dujour
- Overnight Guest Suite (Guest selection of any available Suite)
- Full breakfast for wedding couple
- Bridal Bouquet, Boutonniere and Corsage
- Marriage license not included.
- Added guests available at a "Per person" additional fee
- One nights stay in the lovely loft-styled Wilson
- Complimentary bottle of wine (red or white) or Republic of Tea selections, and fruit/cheese tray upon arrival
- Bride’s Bouquet and Groom’s Boutonnière
- Wedding service performed by Celebrant in either the Gazebo or another romantic area of choice. (The Courthouse bells ring at noon and six o’clock in the evening and can be heard at The Lafayette Inn, should you wish to coordinate your ceremony with the chimes.)
- Photos posted on The Lafayette Inn photo gallery for friends and family to view.
- Gift Basket from The Lafayette Inn
- Three Course Dinner for two
- Turndown service with rose-petals on your wedding night.
- Sparkling Wine or Sparkling Cider with Chocolate-covered Strawberries and whipped cream delivered for in-room dessert...
- Full Breakfast awaits you in the Tavern the morning after.
The Elegant Elopement ($2,500.00):
- Two nights stay in the cozy Dicey’s Cottage. Complimentary bottle of wine (red or white) or Republic of Tea selections, and fruit/cheese tray upon arrival.
- Welcome Gifts from The Lafayette Inn
- Bride’s Rose Bouquet and Groom’s Boutonnière
- Wedding service performed by Celebrant in either the Gazebo or another romantic area of choice. (the Courthouse bells ring at noon and six o’clock in the evening and can be heard at The Lafayette Inn, should you wish to coordinate your ceremony with the chimes).
- Photos posted on The Lafayette Inn website for friends and family to view.
- Luxury robes provided for in-room use.
- Infamous “Private Chef Tasting” for two
- Turndown service provided (with rose petals) on wedding night
- Bottle of Veuve Clicquot Champagne with Wedding “Cake” delivered to room for dessert…
- In-room “Sparkling” Breakfast for two
- Couple’s in-room massage (with manicure/pedicure for Bride to Be)
- Picnic Lunch (which may be enjoyed in room or perhaps on Skyline Drive)
- Prix Fixe dinner for two
- Full Breakfast served in Tavern (morning of departure)
- Certificate for Anniversary Dinner at The Lafayette Inn
*The parties desiring to be married must obtain the marriage license. The license typically costs about $35.00 (not included in package) and must be obtained prior to marriage, and may be done so at any courthouse within Virginia. No worries, The Lafayette Inn is located two blocks from The Greene County Courthouse!