Cheers to our Virginia Wine Industry!
- Wine Enthusiast Magazine has named Virginia one of the 10 best wine travel destinations in the WORLD! Virginia is only one of three domestic donations to make the list (Two regions in California making up the other two). The article cites Virginia's rich history, natural beauty. Virginia is home to more than 200 wineries statewide.
- Sales of Virgina wine reached a record high in 2011 with more than 462,000 cases sold, or 5.5 million bottles. Virginia is now the nation's fifth largest wine producer in the nation. The Virginia wine industry is believed to add $750 million to our local economy.
- Governor Bob McDonald (At the Governors Cup Banquet in Richmond, February 2012)
Download Beverage Menu (PDF)
The Lafayette Inn offers a fine selection of wine by the glass, bottle, as wine flights, and wine pairing dinners. Signature Martinis and Micro Brews are also available. We’ve also been honored as "one of the nation’s most wine-friendly restaurants" by WineEnthusiast Magazine recurring every year since 2005. (See original acknowledgement at the bottom of the page).
View a sample Wine List (PDF) and Wine by the Glass List (PDF)
Our wine selections change often, this simply represents a "snapshot" of an offer at a given time.
Read about Virgina Wine and its history, download story.
- The Lafayette (Cosmo)
- The Greene Apple (Name and spelling of our county, it’s a sour apple martini)
- The Stanard (a play on our city name... a regular ketel martini)
- The Courthouse (we’re adjacent to the county court house, this is a dirty martini!)
Micro Brews, we feature Starr Hill Micro Brew.
- Starr Hill Amber Ale is a multiple award-winning English Brown Ale which is noted by its drinkability. The body of the beer is light with a slightly sweet finish. The residual sweetness is achieved by the addition of 15% caramel malt. A touch of chocolate malt is added for color and subtle nutty flavor. The beer appeals to a wide range of beer drinkers, from the least experienced to the most sophisticated palates.
- Starr Hill Northern Lights- Pale Ale is a medium bodied beer that is noted by its clean crisp taste. A touch of Munich malt is added for a subtle complexity of flavors. The beer is designed for mass appeal, making it a perfect beer any time of the year.
- Starr Hill JoMo Lager is a multiple award-winning Light Amber Lager beer. This lager beer is the 2004 Gold Medal winner. It is noted by its smooth and very drinkable lager beer.
Wine Enthusiast Award Winning Restaurant