Welcome to our recipes section. We feature several delicious recipes here. Feel free to view and print any of them that you like.
Shrimp and Corn Bisque
2 Tbl. Olive oil
1 Onion, minced
4 Tbl. butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup milk
1 cup peeled cooked small shrimp (deveined if nec)
1 1/2 cups corn kernels
1/2 Tsp. minced fresh thyme
hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup light cream
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the onion and cook over low heat until softened, 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan. Add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Cook 1-2 minutes. Pour in the stock and milk, stir to blend. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Cut each shrimp into 2-3 pieces and add to the onion with the corn and thyme. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occassionally. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add the sauce mixture to the shirmp and corn mixture and mix well. Remove 3 cups of the soup and puree in a blender or food processor. Return it to the rest of the soup and stir well. Season with the salt, hot pepper sauce and white pepper to taste.
5. Add the cream and stir to blend. Heat the soup to almost a boiling point stirring frequently. Serve hot.
Return To List