Guest Sous Chef Package
Three Day/Two Night
Spend a few weekdays or sign up for a weekend and learn real life techniques that can be applied to every home cooking experience. Receive suggested stocking items, source guide for some of the hard to find items, private recipes for items prepared and tasted during the trip and become a lifetime member of our “Guest Sous Alumni”.
Guest Sous Chef Package Includes:
- Enjoy two half days in the kitchen (Generally a "custom agenda" is established to maximize each guests experinece- Anywhere from creating a casual fun time to involement in our full dinner service)
- Two nights in one of our historic suites
- Hands on cooking demonstrations
- Guest Sous Chef during dinner service
- “Taste of the Lafayette” dinner package (for two)
- Full breakfast each morning
- Self guided tours to local – Vineyards, Skyline Drive, Antique malls and Historical Sites…or simply take advantage of the ever elusive “Nap time!”
- Visit one (or many) of our local vineyards- Often we can arrange a special tasting.
- NOTE- Booking options. Mid-week visit offer a much more private and personal experience where weekend visits are woven in within the restaurant service. Both have their advantages- YOU select which best suits your desires.
- For booking information, call Chef Alan!
- Mitzi & Jeremiah- "Our celebration at the Lafayette was spectacular. Chef Alan (and all of the staff) were welcoming, and knowledgeable. The accmodations were cozy and felt like our second home. The Sous Chef experience was beyond fun, hands-on and very educational. We could not have asked for a better time. Many thanks.
- Bettye, Maryland- “I’ve enjoyed classes and seminars from Wolfgang and ‘Martha’, but my experience at the Lafayette Inn & Restaurant provided the most useful daily tips and techniques”
- Steve & Mel, Maryland-- "We got tons of PRACTICAL advice and recipes to try at home with everyday tools and no wacky ingredients. Thank you Chef Alan!"
- "Chef" Dan, Virginia-- "In addition to sharing his recipes and tips, Alan was brave enough to open up his kitchen to whatever level of immersion I desired. Five hours after we checked in, we are standing side by side in the kitchen preparing meals for the dinner crowd. In addition, the entire staff gladly accepted the intrusion to their routine and made me feel comfortable and at home. I walked away with a variety of new techniques and enhanced skills that I could bring to my own kitchen."
- John & Julie, Virginia- "Great food, great wine, great people, great experience...and yes, great wine cave tasting". You guessed it, overall we had a (wait for it)...great time.
- Roy & Gail- "Thank you for a wonderful weekend. Everything was first class and "Above and beyond"! We look foward to trying to replicate your dishes at home. Thank you for all of the recipes.